Eden Furniture's Environmental Policy, conforming to the objectives of ISO 14001:2004, the Environmental Management Standard is based on a commitment to protect the environment, minimise the waste of renewable and non-renewable resources and reduce energy consumption as part of a continuous improvement programme. The policy is reviewed and updated regularly and was last updated on 17 November 2020.
Throughout its products, activities and services, the company will endeavour to minimise any adverse impact on the environment by means of pollution prevention, energy and water conservation. In this way, cost savings, increased operational efficiency and improved quality of products and services will be achieved as well as maintaining a safe environment for the community as a whole and a healthy workplace for the Company's employees.
In pursuit of this policy, the Board believes:-
- Environmental Protection and Waste Minimisation is the responsibility of every employee and persons working for and on behalf of the company and should be an integral part of their working life supported by training whenever appropriate.
- Every endeavour will be made to ensure that the Company meets its responsibilities by conforming to all applicable Environmental Legislation and regulatory requirements, and with other requirements to which the company subscribes; in relation to its environmental aspects.
- Prime consideration will be given to the prevention of pollution and the elimination of waste and emissions at source whenever production processes or Company facilities are reorganised.
- Customers and suppliers will be encouraged to support the same objectives by minimising environmental impact through waste and reducing energy consumption whenever possible.
- Management will set continuous improvement targets on a regular basis based on risk assessments reviews and other factors. Reviews will be undertaken to identify progress towards these targets and set further targets for subsequent periods.
- Inform and educate all person (s) working for or on behalf of the company, about environmental issues.
- This policy will be displayed at company building entrances and on the company web site. http://www.edenfurniture.co.uk
Signed: G Vale - Managing Director
Date: 21st August 2013